skip to main | skip to sidebar

expect very little and you will be very pleased

why, mr. ogilvy, i am @ once killer + poet

a biz article about booze

Newer Post Older Post Home

allow yourself to know me

Slick Shoes
minneapolis (i lie! i'm in edina), minnesota
If nothing else, it's been interesting. Born of a beer promotions base, to a stint as editorial intern at a major regional magazine, to a sojourn to the land of graduate school mixed with impossible expectations and garnished with a twist of teaching, to my current post at the helm of, egads!, a business magazine, I now find myself back where I began, in both the literal and figurative sense –- I legitimately sit, typing this, in Bob’s Java Hut; place where I applied for that original magazine gig. To this point, I’ve gone the way of my mind’s reckoning and it has produced some interesting, uniquely fruitful goings-on (and even a book!). So I ask you to, if nothing else, ignore [your better judgment and] my foot as it slides gently betwixt your door and the jamb, sneaking its way into your office to deliver me and my explanation of exactly how my pot-luck work history qualifies me to be one helluva writer-type-editor person. And, trust me, the explanation is a good one … Some versions even involve my recollections of the day I saved an orphan from a rabid chupacabra on a farm just east of Tijuana.
View my complete profile

more stuff about drew

  • newrosis: the only blog of consequence
  • scribd (fact type documents that support my cause)
  • linkedin (my "professional" networking)

Followers